Thursday, October 8, 2009

Karma

kar⋅ma 
–noun
1.
Hinduism, Buddhism. action, seen as bringing upon oneself inevitable results, good or bad, either in this life or in a reincarnation: in Hinduism one of the means of reaching Brahman. Compare bhakti (def. 1), jnana.
2.
Theosophy. the cosmic principle according to which each person is rewarded or punished in one incarnation according to that person's deeds in the previous incarnation.
3.
fate; destiny.
4.
the good or bad emanations felt to be generated by someone or something.

Now some of you may or may not believe in karma, but I do. As a child my mother has always reminded me "what goes around comes around." I still believe in that thought. Yesterday I went out for some Chinese food and as I finished up the waitress brought the bill with those oh so fun and exciting fortune cookies. I cracked the cookie open and ate half of one side as I read " You will inherit a large sum of money from an unusual source." Now I thought to myself, Ive already gotten this one and its still in my wallet. I took a look to see if I still had it and sure enough I did. It was almost the same fortune but a few words were off and it gave me a time period of one year, when this new fortune didn't. I discarded of the old fortune and replaced it with the new one and I then pay the bill and leave. We decided to go to Best Buy to see if they had a few things I needed. As I was there, we decided to rock out to some rock band, but at the moment it was being occupied and rocked out already. As it came to my turn to rock the hell out of this thing, I then noticed a wallet sitting in front of me overflowing with credit cards and cash. I could have been the bad Samaritan and taken the cash and left and not one person would have noticed, but instead I decided to be the good samaritan and take that overflowing cashed out wallet to who I noticed was on this gaming device before me. I hand it to them and they thank me with a "oh man thank you broo" I say no problem and turn back to continue my rock band session. Once I leave I realize that possibly that was a test for me, maybe this little fortune cookie is already lining itself up into my reality. If so, I feel that I did the right thing and Ill be expecting that money from that unusual source!

2 comments:

  1. The signs can come in the strangest places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was your opportunity! haha
    reminds me of a story:
    there is a man at in a park and a flash flood comes. he climbs up in the tree and prays for rescue. a man in a boat floats by and offers to help the man in the tree. the man in the tree replies,"no thanks, my God will save me." so the man in the boats floats on down the river. a little while later another guy in a boat floats down and offers to take the man in the tree to safety. he once again replies, "No thanks, my God will save me." eventually the water raises above the tree and the man loses grip and drowns. He ends up in Heaven and sees his God and says, "God why didn't you save me?" and God responds, "I tried. I sent 2 boats for you, idiot!"

    -i guess this doesn't necessarily apply to this situation because i wouldn't have taken the wallet either, but you have to take the opportunity when it confronts you. Carpe Diem!

    ReplyDelete